Our approach works to transform intimate partners, with resentment and anger issues, into compassionate companions, who know how to create and sustain intimate, emotional connection. They can recapture the spring-like freshness of the love they shared when they first met and fell in love.
We offer group and private workshops and individual in-person or by phone counseling that transform resentment and anger into compassion. This program works best in a weekend boot camp over 16 hours, as an intensive focus produces significant changes by the end of the weekend. It can also be done through week by week sessions over four months.
The skills include:
• How to prevent resentment from turning into emotional abuse.
• How to identify abuse and change abusive behavior.
• How to stop resentment from affecting your children.
• How to recover from the pain of abuse and reclaim your natural sense of competence and confidence.
What you’ll learn:
• You can be abusive without intending to be
• The hidden role of fear and shame in relationships
• Core hurts make us feel powerless, inadequate, unlovable, and resentful
In addition, you’ll learn how to:
• Remove the thorns from your heart and regain your true self
• Automatically regulate resentment, anger, and the impulse to abuse
• Replace power struggles with mutual empowerment and loving reconnection
• Establish a deeper connection based on compassion
• Prevent relapse
• Know whether your partner’s change is permanent.
You will develop the skill of making compassionate [long-term best interest] choices in those stressful moments that have caused you to react abusively.