Brenton Mock, M.Div., MA in Professional Counseling
Brenton Mock, Christian counselor, pastoral counselor
Brenton served as a pastor for 27 years and five years as the Area Director for IVCF in Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia. He retired from active church ministry in 2001. Since then he worked as a behavioral therapist for two behavioral health agencies, started with his wife, Carol, a Christian ministry to families in which they provided relationship education classes and workshops, coaching, and counseling. Since 2011, Brenton has practiced as a professional counselor in Pittsburgh, PA.
He is a trained and certified instructor in several best-practice relationship education programs:
- PREP and Christian PREP, a skill-based marriage enrichment program
- P.I.C.K. a Partner, a dating relationship and mate selection program
- Couples Communication, a marriage enrichment program
He completed training to work with:
- Resentment, Anger, and Abuse, from Dr. Steven Stosny’s Compassion Power program
- Blended Families
- Sexual Addiction from Dr. Mark Laaser
- Life Coaching within his Masters work at Liberty University
- Emotional Focused Therapy with Dr. Sue Johnson
- Affair Recovery with David Carder
- Trauma Recovery (including combat trauma recovery}, acute and PTSD in his Masters work
Brenton has a Masters of Divinity degree from Gordon-Conwell and a Masters of Arts in Professional Counseling from Liberty University.